Israel Katz told The Jerusalem Post that the destroyed villages prevent Hezbollah and civilians from returning to southern Lebanon for up to five years.
Israeli operations in Lebanon continued on a near-daily basis last week. On Friday, Israel struck in Dahiyeh, Beirut for the first time since the November 27 ceasefire, destroying a Hezbollah drone storage facility.
Israeli airstrike kills 4 in Lebanon; U.N. demands answers over Gaza aid workers found in mass grave
An Israeli airstrike killed four people in Beirut early Tuesday, the Lebanese Health Ministry said, rocking an already shaky ceasefire between Israel and Hezbollah.
Family marks Bar Kuperstein’s 23rd birthday in Hamas captivity at Hostages Square • IDF, Shin Bet conduct strikes targeting Hezbollah terrorist in Beirut
IDF airstrike in Beirut eliminates Hezbollah commander Hassan Ali Badir, escalating tensions in the region. Three killed, seven injured.- Watch Video on English Oneindia
The leader of Lebanon’s Hezbollah group has warned that if Israel’s attacks on Lebanon continue and the Lebanese state does not act to stop them, the group will eventually resort to other alternatives.